At mediacube we not only work with Youtube creators, but also distribute music to various audio platforms. Exclusively for our music partners we made a checklist of what is needed for a music release.
- only .wav or .flack formats
- you need to have EXCLUSIVE rights for distributing the track on digital music platforms
- you can use third-party beats only if you paid for their EXCLUSIVE use (i.e. they are not used on other platforms by other musicians - this can be revealed by digital fingerprints and cause unnecessary conflicts). You need to have documented proof of exclusive rights.
- cover - please do warn us if the cover is made without the copyright owner's approval. It cannot be distributed directly, but we can help.
2. Track cover
- resolution 3100 x 3100 pixels
- formats .jpeg, .JPG
- artist's name and release title are a MUST on the cover
- artist name and track name on the cover must be only in one language, which matches your metadata
- the cover cannot contain any other words on it, EXCEPT for the artist's name and release title.
3. Song lyrics
- just song lyrics :)
- Album title
- Name of the artist
- Track title/titles
- Recording Studio
- Release date
- Song language (must only be one)
- Genre* (must only be one)
- Presence/absence of profanity
* List of genres (you cannot make up your own genre, you must choose one of the following ones):
Music release promo
We are interested in bringing maximum attention to your release on the streaming services.
We have opportunities for promoting releases in Russia, Ukraine, Belarus on Apple Music, Yandex.Music, VK, Deezer and other services. But for that you need to provide us with all the information above way beforehand.
Apple Music focuses more on albums. It is important to get the release and all the additional data 2 weeks before the release. We'll give you an additional form to fill in.
Distribution to Yandex.Music, VK, Deezer requires to have the material ready 1 week before the release.
We always strive to do the most in shorter periods on time, but the sooner the release, the less opportunities for promotion you get. Because the release needs to get to the platforms and that requires time.